MOLDOVAN CITIZENS CAN REQUEST AND RECEIVE ONLINE ALL TYPES OF CRIMINAL RECORDS
The criminal record, the detailed record and the contraventional record can now be requested and received online. The announcement was made during a press conference held by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Economic Development and Digitalization, Ministry of Justice and the Electronic Governance Agency.
The new service allows to request online all types of records, as well as their apostillation and delivery. These records are available both online and on paper.
Thus, the Moldovan citizens in the country and abroad have several options for receiving the criminal record:
• online through the citizen’s portal (Mcabinet).
• on paper, delivered to the police stations or home through the governmental delivery service MDelivery.
The individuals who have an electronic signature will have the possibility to download the apostilled record in their personal cabinet.
The new service also allows to check the authenticity of the record with the help of a QR code, which, when scanned, redirects us to the page displaying all record details.
How to request the criminal record online?
1. The application for the criminal record will be submitted online through the servicii.gov.md platform in authenticated/unauthenticated mode, selecting if, appropriate, the apostille and/or delivery option;
2. The IT Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs generates the record through its integrated systems and the Legal Information Resources Agency of the Ministry of Justice applies the apostille, if requested;
3. The applicants who have an electronic signature can download the criminal record from the citizen’s portal (MCabinet), My Documents section;
4. The applicants who do not have an electronic signature can pick up the criminal record and apostille on paper from the IT Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs or can get it through the governmental delivery service MDelivery, which can deliver the record to over 200 countries across the world.
The new service has been developed by the e-Governance Agency with the World Bank Group support, based on the Public Services Development Platform (PSDP/FOD), and is interconnected with the electronic governmental services and platforms MSign, MPass, MCabinet, MConnect, MDleivery, MPay, Mnotify and Mlog to ensure data quality, integrity and security.
The electronic record is a PDF document generated and signed electronically under Law no. 124/2022, the Law no. 234/2021 on the public services and the Law no. 216/2023 on the automated integrated information system for recordkeeping of offences, criminal cases and offenders.